As a mother of three current students in the district, I have been actively involved in helping students and improving the schools for more than a decade.
I will bring leadership to the many issues and challenges facing our schools.
- On the District Advisory Council, I worked with representatives from all SDUSD schools to propose a more equitable distribution of funds for low-income students.
- As President of Barnard Elementary PTA, I increased participation and fundraising 200%.
- As the Mission Bay Cluster Committee Chair, I collaborated with stakeholders to increase enrolment in all six schools.
- As a classroom volunteer, I supported our teachers and students to increase learning opportunities.
- As a member of School Site Councils and Site Governance teams (at all my kids' schools), I helped administrators allocate funding focused on our students’ needs.
- As a member of the inaugural Local Control Accountability Plan committee member, I collaborated with other parents and district staff to shape the district's funding plan.
- As a member of the district calendar committee, I developed, distributed, and collected survey to establish the school master calendar.
- As the treasurer for the Friends of Pacific Beach Secondary Schools (FOPBSS), I worked with the executive committee to establish the budget and determine spending for Pacific Beach Middle School and Mission Bay High School.
As your board member:
- I will bring the voice of the students, parents, teachers, and staff to the district to do what is best for our students.
- I will bring my experience as an immigrant, English Learner, and low-income student to help all students.
- I will use my experience managing multi-million dollar budgets to increase classroom funding.
- I will challenge the status quo to do what is best for our students.
- I will be accessible to everyone by keeping office hours.